How about an into section for new members?

This site is run for its readers and members. If there is anything you would like to see then we'll see what we can do about it.
GARDENBOY30
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 05 Sep 2008

Re: How about an into section for new members?

Post by GARDENBOY30 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:34 pm

hi everyone, i was diagnosed with uc (pancolitis) in sept 08, prescribed steroids and pentasa 2 twice a day then in oct 09 admitted to hospital with a flare up, steroids through drip upped pentasa to 4 twice a day, this year hasnt been much better ive just finished another course of steroids and been taken off pentasa as they say its not doing any good, going to start aza today weekly blood tests now plus im diabetic using insulin, i now know how a pin cushion feels, :lol: ,

angel123
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 16 Sep 2005

Post by angel123 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi to everyone. I think that is a fab idea. We all have different stories of how we came to know about our UC. I have recently joined and just come off steriods again, but still visiting the toilet now ten or more times a day. I feel exhausted and having a rather tough week, i am also paining alot. My next visit to my consultant is 25th Nov. Not that it will do any good. I know they will prescribe more steriods again. I am totally fed up, feel down. The support from this site is tremendous when im reading through thIs site.
I do also have a food allergy, i am on a wheat free diet for life, which literally means zero by mouth anything containing flour(pies,cakes,pastries,bread). I do buy special wheat free bread and various other food products. coleaic disease was diagnosed by my Hossy as i was low in blood,they run some test, camera down my throat etc.
:no: Hoping for better days
Xx

CarenSargent
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 19 Nov 2010

Post by CarenSargent » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:43 am

Hi everyone

I think a new be section or intro page would be great. I have only just joined and just needed to tell someone that understand what im going through. I ended up writing on the coping with colitis page as was not sure where else to put it.

Hope everyone is doing ok, Caren x

All the best, Caren x

Diag 19/11/2010, on med's saloflax & pentasa

Lozzaman
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 07 Jun 2011

Post by Lozzaman » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:02 pm

I didn't know where to say hi either so I started on the 'coping' thread too.

A newbie thread would be OK - although I expect some might find it intimidating.

Sometimes I cope with crap in my life with humour (pun intented) I would like to see a 'Just for Fun' thread where one could laugh about the pure madness of UC without offending anyone of a more delicate predisposition.

Last night my wife saw me online and asked what I was doing. I replied I was on the UC forum talking shite again :wink:

VickyLeigh
What is your status: Colitis Sufferer
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 08 Jun 2011

Post by VickyLeigh » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:53 pm

Maybe just a general 'introduce yourself' section might be nice. I've seen it done on other forums, where you answer a few set questions ie name, age etc. I think this would be get in getting to know everyone, not just us newbies! x

Love Vic xx
Fundraising for Crohns and Colitis UK - http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Leigh-Sayer/
http://ucaware.forumotion.co.uk/

andrew gj
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 01 Mar 2011

Post by andrew gj » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:04 pm

I just joined and was looking for some place to introduce myself and all all I found was a thread asking for an Introduction page from 2009 two and a half years ago!!!!
Do the admins actually read these pages?
Having been on many forums over the last 10 years I have found that the majority have a introduction section it says a lot about the forum itself and the inclusionary nature of it. it makes for better understanding between people if they have some more references rather than a glib nick who could be anyone.

DiamondLil
Date first diagnosed with IBD: 29 Nov 2011

Post by DiamondLil » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi I was diagnosed in 2011 with a minor problem re UC. Had a really bad flare up in Apr this year which meant I was admitted into hospital for a couple of weeks - I hasten to add I was really well taken care of, and kept in over a Bank Holiday just in case! When I was admitted even the surgeons came to talk to me as everyone was thinking surgery at this point - ie Stoma. Eventually was released from hospital but am still on highish amounts of medication which am gradually being weaned off from. The UC seems to have calmed down really well, its the rest of me that is now suffering. Muscle wastage because of all the steroids has me walking with a stick, i have somehow managed to damage the T8 thoracic vertebrae - have been told this has collapsed - and have constant pains in the breast bone area ... feeling like a walking disaster at the moment, one very tearful bunny :cry: Can anyone offer any good advice or tell me that they too have been through the same as me? Really grateful to hear from anyone at the moment. Cheers and thanks for reading.

Len in Kent

Post by Len in Kent » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:09 pm

Perhaps someone can alter the Thread Title, change into to " intro" .

Len.