How about an into section for new members?

This site is run for its readers and members. If there is anything you would like to see then we'll see what we can do about it.
suebell

How about an into section for new members?

Post by suebell » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:17 pm

Hi

Would it be possible to have a section in colitis topics where new members can introduce themselves and maybe get a few hellos back from fellow members?

Just a thought.

Suebell

positivity

Re: How about an into section for new members?

Post by positivity » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi Suebell!
I think thats a great idea :great: I just joined yesterday and am delighted to be on a forum with people sharing the same illness as me. Any feedback, advice etc will be greatly appreciated

Shirley

Post by Shirley » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:32 pm

Good idea. :D

suebell

Post by suebell » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:19 pm

Yeah, when people join it's so nice to hear a hello, and I know how you feel and sometimes posts are missed cos it's a busy site.

Anyway, welcome.

Cheers

Suebell

Elaine1954

Post by Elaine1954 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi everone,
I was diagnosed in July 09 with U.C. as well as Diverticular Disease. I am still suffering the usual horrible symptoms,even though the DR. at the hospital upped my medication (Asacol) to 2x800mg.morning & 2x800mg.night.I am very careful what I eat but still suffer terrible diarrhoea,tiredness etc.Mentioned to my GP. about having a Food Intolerance Test but would have to go private as this can"t be done on N.H.S. The cost being £300. not a problem money wise but I was wondering if anyone else had been down this road ?.Would be very grateful for any feedback on this.
Thanks. Elaine 1954

AlphaGolf

Post by AlphaGolf » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:08 pm

I agree - an Introduction section would be good! Would save people plastering their Intro's all over the place (i.e. some people's first post/intro may be in the Diet section and someone else's may be in the Medication section)

I know I'm just a newbie on the forum so don't wish to speak out of place - but this thread was started in August. Shouldn't take too long to set up should it?

I'll be saving my introduction until there's an Introductions section on the forum :na:

Meds; [asacol]: Doesn't work (stopped) [azathioprine]: Doesn't work (stopped) [prednisolone]: Used to work [infliximab]: Doesn't work (stopped) [methotrexate]: Doesn't work (stopped)
Foods; Pomegranate juice: Was helping.....

Ultimately we all realise that our health is our most important asset.

AlphaGolf

Post by AlphaGolf » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:15 am

bump :na:

Meds; [asacol]: Doesn't work (stopped) [azathioprine]: Doesn't work (stopped) [prednisolone]: Used to work [infliximab]: Doesn't work (stopped) [methotrexate]: Doesn't work (stopped)
Foods; Pomegranate juice: Was helping.....

Ultimately we all realise that our health is our most important asset.

Laurence

Post by Laurence » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:22 pm

The admins appear to be a bit dead, so maybe we should create an official Introduction / Going Away thread. :wink:

catrinjones

Post by catrinjones » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:34 am

Hi All
Iwas diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis Jan 09 and have still not found a way to try and control this! I cant bear the fact that i am on daily medication for it but this still does not control the symptoms. Have considered paying privately jsut to get a second opinion-have any of you tried this avenue? Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated!
Regards
Catrin x

Laurence

Post by Laurence » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:12 pm

catrinjones wrote:Hi All
Iwas diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis Jan 09 and have still not found a way to try and control this! I cant bear the fact that i am on daily medication for it but this still does not control the symptoms. Have considered paying privately jsut to get a second opinion-have any of you tried this avenue? Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated!
Regards
Catrin x
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but you're in the right place for sympathy... :party: what medication are you currently on?